We seek to provide the best answers to the most challenging objections to Christian faith in a manner that is most effective with inquirers and most glorifying to God. It is our vision to engage the church, the wider public, and the academy.
Engaging the Church
The most exciting thing we are currently working on is our video lecture series that will be turned into an exclusively online certificate program in Christian Apologetics. We believe that this will provide a great opportunity for any believer with hardly any knowledge of apologetics to not only become more confident in their own faith but to prepare themselves when the time comes for them to give an answer for the hope that is within them (1 Peter 3:15). To this end, we aim is to educate and equip believers to become effective lay-apologists who winsomely and robustly defend the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ — to “contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints” (Jude 3).
Engaging the Wider Public
The two main ways that Apologetics.com reaches the wider public is through our radio ministry and website resources. We also reach a wider audience through our social media initiatives, blogging, and public speaking. In addition to the tens of thousands of listeners of our radio show in Southern California, we have seen statistical growth to our website and especially to our social media pages.
Engaging the Academy
Our organization is beginning to acquire a knack for scholarship! Not only are we forming close relationships with current scholars across the globe, but we are also creating homegrown scholars. Dr. Richard Park graduated this past year with a D.Phil. from the University of Oxford in Theology & Religion; his dissertation was on Catholic — Muslim relations in the Phillipines. Sam Welbaum is in his fourth year of his Ph.D. program in Philosophy of Religion and Theology at Claremont Graduate University. Jacob Daniel started his Ph.D. program in Intercultural Studies at Biola University. Kurt Jaros started his distance Ph.D. in Theology through the University of Aberdeen in partnership with Highland Theological College in Scotland. And lastly, Joe Slunaker is in the dissertation phase in his Ph.D. in Old Testament at Golden Gate Theological Seminary. We’re excited to have so many scholars that will make a contribution to the academy in concord with their callings as apologists.
We take the Old and New Testaments of the Christian Scriptures to be inspired and authoritative for all of faith and practice. However, we also recognize the following post-biblical creeds and confessions as valuable and faithful though not infallible, expressions of Christian orthodoxy.
Other early church creeds and conciliar statements relevant to Christian orthodoxy may be profitably consulted, but we do not include them as part of our doctrinal standards. We also recognize the following modern, international, and interdenominational statements as paradigmatic expressions of evangelicalism.
- The World Evangelical Alliance Statement of Faith (1951)
- The Lausanne Covenant (1974)
- The Manila Manifesto (1989)
Other modern confessions, statements of faith, and definitions relevant to evangelicalism may be profitably consulted, but we do not include them as part of our doctrinal standards.
- I heartedly endorse Apologetics.com. It is a quick, convenient and yet deep resource for anyone interested in defending the truth of Christianity. It is changing the way people respond to non-believers.Hugh Hewitt | J.D. Emmy Award Winning Co-Host of the “Life and Times” on PBS Professor of Law, Chapman University
- The ministry of Apologetics.com has become an important part of the movement in Christian thought, philosophy, and apologetics in Southern California. They have a first-rank interactive website and a radio program through which they are proclaiming and defending the great truths of the Christian faith with “reverence and respect.” They are making an impact!Craig J. Hazen | Editor of Philosophia Christi Director, Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics Associate Professor of Comparative Religion and Apologetics, Biola University
- Apologetics.com presents a balanced understanding of complex issues in a clear and articulate fashion. I highly recommend them.Kenneth D. Boa | Ph.D., D. Phil. President of Reflections Ministries, Atlanta Georgia