Would you like to gain confidence in sharing the truth claims of Christianity with your neighbor, co-worker, friend or loved ones? Or perhaps you just wonder about some of the teachings of Christianity. Do you have personal doubts about the faith? Can it stand against the brutal attacks of secularism? How about other religions, beliefs, or perspectives? How does a Christian respond to all of these? If you desire to start your journey into getting answers to these questions, plus more, then this program is for you.
Certificate in Christian Apologetics
This certificate program consists of 14 video and 2 audio lectures (approx. 45 min. each) delivered online by experts in their fields. Each lecture is followed by 10 assessment questions (short answer, matching, T/F, etc.). The program is completed at the learner’s pace* using an internet-connected computer with a modern browser or a smart phone. Every student will get the chance to participate in a live video call along with others in the class and a special guest expert moderated by one of our associates. These quarterly video calls will provide a first-rate opportunity for you, the learner, to ask questions about the material in the course. The quarterly live video calls will be scheduled separately.
By the end of the course, the student will have learned the following:
- Become conversant in philosophical and theological language commonly used in Christian Apologetics.
- Gain confidence in having rewarding conversations with the seeker and skeptic around Christian apologetic topics, i.e., Problem of Evil, Reliability of the Gospels, Origins, etc.
- Increase and expand your knowledge about what it means to be a winsome ambassador for Christ.
- Develop and expand your understanding of what it means to adopt a fuller view of redemption, (i.e. Romans 8:19-23).
- Strengthen your Christian worldview by taking a survey of world religions, comparing and contrasting them with Christianity and evaluate each in their answers to life’s most important questions.
*An eager learner can complete this in a few weeks. An average adult, spending a few hours a week on learning the material will take about 2 to 3 months to complete the program and earn the certificate.